Black Walnut Capsules by GENESTRA BRANDS.
Combination of black walnut and natural plant ingredients that relieve digestive upsets
• Traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a digestive tonic to aid digestion and help relieve dyspepsia
• Quassia, black walnut, and pumpkin seeds are traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a vermifuge
• Provides 400 mg of black walnut hull, quassia bark, and yarrow flower per daily dose
• Includes 200 mg each of gentian root and pumpkin seed extract, 300 mg of sweet wormwood herb and 100 mg of clove bud per daily dose
Black Walnut Capsules is a blend of herbs that are traditionally used in Herbal Medicine to help alleviate digestive disturbances. Black walnut, quassia, wormwood and gentian root all contain extremely bitter compounds, including tannins, quassin, absinthin, and amarogentin. These bitters cause nerves on the taste buds to increase the release of saliva and gastric juices that aid in digestion. Bitters can also bind receptors on endocrine cells of the gastrointestinal tract and pancreas, which results in the secretion of the peptide hormone cholecystokinin. In turn, this releases bile salts and pancreatic digestive enzymes, increasing gastric motility. Gentian root and quassia may help relieve dyspepsia by increasing prostaglandin-mediated cytoprotection in the gastric membrane; prostaglandins stimulate the release of mucous and sodium bicarbonate in the stomach. Quassia, black walnut and pumpkin seeds are also traditionally used in Herbal Medicine as a vermifuge (helps in the expulsion of parasitic worms).
Ideal for vegans
• Convenient capsule format increases patient compliance
Black Walnut Capsules is a unique combination of synergistic herbs formulated to assist in maintaining a healthy digestive system. The capsules are 100% pure vegetable-sourced.